Tuesday 9 April 2013

SPRING HAS SPRUNG // INSPIRATION

Spring has sprung, the tractors are out, summer fun is on it’s way.





























Spring has  recently become my favorite time of the year. I  never used to bother about the weather and would let it go by me. Now, it’s all about spring. The birds are coming out, baby chicks are hatching, the grass is growing, the daffodils are opening, the air smells so good, and the farm has a very lovely smell when its gets warmer too.Most of all, it’s time for the swallows to return from there winter adventure to Africa. Ever year, as long as grandpa has been on the farm, we have had swallows come every year to make their nest, lay their eggs, babies hatch and then i sit watching them learn to fly. It’s amazing. I truly miss my Grandpa, it wont be the same with out him this year.
I never really understood the fuss of it not really, but last year when grandpa had secretly been hiding his illness and stopped writing in his dairy, he would ask me on a number of occasions to keep my eyes out and note down everything i see, and to start with I did. Unfortunately i got passed this and stopped which i am kidding my self now as when  Grandpa passed away i found and read several of his diaries and i then realized why he was training me up. He obs wanted some one to carry on doing the farm dairy, and to the day I found his dairy of last year, i have writing in it everyday. I feel Grandpa’s excitement  and i now understand why Spring time is such a good season. Not only this, but it’s a nice fresh beginning from the cold and dark nights, the weather is getting warmer and  people in general seem a lot happier. I also find that April spring has become my new year for me. New years eve has never really felt like anything different from the day before, where as spring, it feels like a whole new chapter, time for another new beginning, new adventure and most of all time for a Spring clear out.




No comments:

Post a Comment